dk or Purpose Inc Appeared In:

May 29 2010

As good as it gets

Written by / Posted in Good Cause / 12 Comments

Just a short post before I go to sleep.

I knew Jeremy (Shoemoney) was in town today.

I also knew he was busy with Frank Kern’s List Control seminar.

I had tried to get in, but was unable even to buy a ticket, the demand was so high.

I am a huge fan of Frank Kern, and one of his partners Andy Jenkins, the Video Boss guy.

I had never heard of them before a few months ago.

I get downtown to the hardrock to meet Jeremy, and before I find anyone, I run into Frank.

Running an event like that is very hard work, so I just made a quick introduction by the elevator, shook his hand, and mentioned my office was in Bird Rock. Frank said he peices of the bird rock reef (from surfing) in his X$%#.
I left him at that, so as not to impose.

I then hooked up with Jeremy.

We caught up, discussed the fact that I had registered so many of the Elite Retreat guys for thinktank, and how much I appreciated him, and how much we loved each other. Even with good friends, if you just communicate online, and with blogs, it isn’t until you are in person that you can get all the details straight and make sure each other are cool with everything each other did. Jeremy wanted to make sure I was o.k. with him talking about how SEO sucked and me in the same blog post, and I made sure he was o.k. that I had used him and his image so much to promote my stuff without asking. Of course neither of us cared, and both give very generously to the other whenever needed without question and without asking.

Then down in the lobby later I meet Franks staff. Wonderful, wonderful people. After talking I get invited to the event tomorrow, of which I am so grateful, touched, flabbergasted, and overjoyed that I can not even believe it. I told them I would pay whatever they wanted, and all I can say is that they are incredibly gracious and generous people. Tomorrow I am going to do everything I can to help.

Then as I was going to leave, I run into Andy Jenkins at the front desk. Never met the guy before in my life. I walk up, and before I can say Hi Andy, he reaches out and hugs me. He hugs like I do. Very close, very loving, to the point that if you were not as touchy feely as we are it would seem like we were gay. I love this guy. He immediately felt like my best friend. Why he is so successful is obvious.

I am famous for loving everyone, hugging everyone, and truly deeply caring about the people I meet. This guy makes me seem like a jerk. I was so impressed watching him deal with me and the others around me that it blew my mind. He immediately invited me to the VIP area upstairs by the pool bar later.

I shoot home to get shoes instead of the sandals I have on. I call and tell my staff. Immediately Jenny, Cait and Jenny’s sister visiting from Boston doll themselves up and off we go.

Andy greeted them like long lost friends.

Even after I begged Andy covered the tab for all of us, and about 12 others.

We danced, (I gave a few Salsa lessons) ate, some drank, and in honor of the occasion I even had a sip of champagne.

We discussed the importance of people, chiropractic, changing the world for the better, and how lucky we all were.
It was probably 73 degrees outside at night with a lovely fire going and music playing.

I met his friends and was made welcome into their little group.

I know this was one of the more important nights of my life.

I am so grateful to the generosity of all involved, and of course to Shoemoney who continually opens door after door for me.

Now to try to grab some sleep so I can pay attention tomorrow!

Much Love,
dk

1. Dave Davis said on May 29th, 2010 at 10:20 am

Awesome.
    On any other blog, a comment like “I am famous for loving everyone, hugging everyone, and truly deeply caring about the people I meet.” I would probably consider incredibly cocky. However, this is a very accurate statement. I’m glad you realize this and I’ve honestly never come into contact with someone who fits this description as much as you DK.

Glad you had fun. Sounds like you had an amazing night.

2. purposeinc said on May 31st, 2010 at 3:35 am

@Dave Davis:
    Dave,

Thank you. That was a lovely comment. Being a very warm and loving individual yourself, I do know, that you know what I mean. :)

I will be writing more about these guys Shoemoney and I experienced this weekend, but it was unbelievable. They are onto something new and truly beautiful. It is internet business as art.

3. Justin Dupre said on June 7th, 2010 at 10:01 am

Sounds like you had a great time. I can’t wait for Jeremy to come down to Thailand! I can’t wait to hear about the new and truly beautiful art business. Thanks!

4. brattml18 said on June 12th, 2010 at 3:12 am

I’m new here and I’ve been reading some post lately, and their incredibly well written and very personal! I’m interested to see more advertising Ideas :3

5. Susan Dickson said on June 22nd, 2010 at 10:24 am

I am glad that you enjoyed meeting these people. I see that you had a great time.

6. danni0104 said on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Even after reading the article I couldn’t get my mind off the way Andy and yourself greeted each other; it is refreshing to hear that there are men out there that behave in the way woman do when seeing a friend after a period of time. It’s great that everyone had such a wonderful time but I think it is even more wonderful to hear a male not being afraid to show feeling.

7. JOHNRESA said on June 23rd, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Sounds like you had a really good time. Glad you enjoyed yourself

8. JenniferLB said on June 24th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Sounds like you had a good time! Having fun with people you care about is always an awesome experience..and making memories is wonderful!

9. Lois said on June 25th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

This is out of the world concept and facebook is a great medium , it still is in the nascent stages but it has the potential to grow exponentially

10. HeatherM1986 said on June 27th, 2010 at 12:33 am

What an uplifting post. Felt like I was there with you. You have a great talent for writing. I hope your day was at Frank Kerns List Contol seminar was as good as the night before!

11. SnowBall said on July 19th, 2010 at 12:32 am

Man, the situations you get yourself into. VIP area after VIP area. And a 73 degree night in San Diego doesn’t sound so bad either. And now I really want to know where exactly Frank has that bird rock reef. Haha.

12. Hoo Kang said on August 4th, 2010 at 2:00 am

DK,

I’m jealous. I hope to learn from you so that way I can join you in the VIP areas. I think you gave plenty of good tips on your current product in progress at http://www.dkthinktank.com.

What do you think? Join the discussion...
How do I change my avatar?
Go to gravatar.com and upload your preferred avatar.